The Akari Floor Lamp is part of the Akari light sculptures, designed in 1951 by the American Japanese artist. He chose the name ‘Akari’ for these objects, a word that means ‘light’ in Japanese, connoting both illumination and physical lightness.
The inspiration for the design of Akari lights stems from a visit to the Japanese fishing village of Gifu, where watched the fishermen at work. They not only use trained cormorants for the hunt but also lanterns to attract fish. These lanterns had ribs made of bamboo, which were covered with fine paper.
He took the design of these traditional lanterns for the occasion to create light sculptures made of wood and paper on his own. For the Akari Floor Lamp, the designer uses paper from the mulberry tree, because it softens the light, making it gentle and spreading it evenly.
Note*: To ensure correct installation, please follow these connection guidelines:
- Connect the black wire to hole number 2.
- Attach the white wire to hole number 3.
For the same series of products, click on the picture to learn more >>>
STANDARD SIZE (PICTURED)
- Akari 10A size: Dia 53cm x H 120cm / ∅ 19.7″ x H 49.2″
- Akari 14A size: Dia 33cm x H 162cm / ∅ 13″ x H 63.7″
- Material: Mulberry Paper, Metal, Iron.
- Body Color: Black.
- Lampshade: White.
- Japanese Style.
- Type: Floor Lamp.
- Be applicable Environment: Indoor.
- AC 110-240V Voltage.
- In line on / off switch.
- Is Bulbs Included: No.
- Takes E26 or E27 base bulb, MAX 40W Light bulb.
- UL and CE, CCC, SAA listed.
- Akari 10A: L 56cm x W 56cm x H 14cm
- Akari 14A: L 63cm x W 53 cm> x H 38cm